Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default If then formulas

"K" wrote in message
Actually Bob - I think I have a remedy for getting these results to one

sheet.

Can you share that with us?

I have another question that ties into the formula you provided below. For
the assets that are on both schedules (not new, not disposed but 'current'

or
"") I want to make sure the price, for example, is the same for both

years.
Each row on both spreadsheets represents an asset - the columns in the

rows
represent aspects of each asset - for this example lets say column D is

price.
I would like to have a formula to match asset A1 on worksheet 2 (2006) to
Asset A1 on worksheet 1 (2005) then looks to cell D1 (price) in the

assets'
row on both sheets and states 'changed' if the value for price is not the
same for both years.

On sheet 2

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)),IF(D1=INDEX(S heet1!D:D,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!
A:A,0)),"OK","Changed"),"")