Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tim m tim m is offline

Default Color formula function

It's more difficult to try to calculate data that is text and numbers so you
might want to just use the cement, sand and such as categories and then just
use the numbers for calculation. If I was to do this I might just enter the
data in ounces, then sum then convert so it shows as pounds and ounces.

Using your data I would enter 27.2 ounces, 79.5 ounces, 4.8 ounces and 13.9
ounces.
Then in a cell sum them up and divide by 16 to give you the total of pounds
and ounces. Does that make any sense?

"darrod64" wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to create a worksheet for keeping track of my concrete color
formulas.

I will be inputting information using units of weight (lbs., oz., grams).
ex. col. b cement 1lb. 11.2 oz
col. c sand 4 lbs. 15.5 oz
col. d metakaolin 0lbs. 4.8 oz
col. e water 0 lbs. 13.9 oz
other criteria may be entered in grams also.

Is there a function I can use to give me a total weight using these units
of measure.
MS Office 2003
--
Darren