Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default What is the Excel formula for adding 1 column with several rows?

David,

Thank you for telling us about using Offset() in a situation like this or
something similar. It is dynamic. This is the kind of "tricks" or smart
tips I look forward to learning from MVP's. Your website is full of
excellent info. Thank you for sharing your expertise and time.

Cheers,

Epinn

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
And a variation that allows you to insert rows immediately
before the formula.
J72: =SUM(J$3:OFFSET(J72,-1,0))

see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote...
=SUM(J3:J71)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:50:51 -0700, ljsbjs wrote:
I need to the sum of one column - several rows.
Example: Column J rows 3 thru 71 without entering
each column and row number.