Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] kate.neale@derby.gov.uk is offline

Default TRUNC zero giving odd results?

A-ha! Thanks ever so much. I don't understand about ARRAY formulas or
anything, but at least I know what to do to fix it! I'd certainly never
have found that out..

In a previous version of the timesheet, the times were entered as 07:30
but for some reason the author changed it in this version. I'll perhaps
contact him by email & ask why (he has now left our company!)

Thanks again.

Bernard Liengme wrote:
Because you have first done the addition (7.3 * 4 = 29.2) and then truncated
the result to 29
You need to truncated and then sum with
=SUM(TRUNC(D31:D35)) but this must be entered as an array formula buy
pressing CTLR+SHIFT+ENTER rather than simple ENTER.
Why not use a (hidden) helper column to make life simple? =TRUNC(D31) etc
and add these.
best wishes