Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Daffo Daffo is offline

Default how to track changes made to a excel sheet using VisualBasic

Hi Dave, i dont want to do it by using Tools| Track Changes. I want to
track changes programatically from VB.

With Regards
Daffo

Dave Peterson wrote:
I wouldn't know where to start.

But have you looked at Tools|Track Changes.

It requires that the workbook be shared and there are lots of things that are
not available in shared workbooks.

But maybe it'll be sufficient for you.

Daffo wrote:

Hi everybody, i want to know how to track changes made to a excel sheet
using VB. suppose i open a file by name car3.xls. i make some data
changes, changes in the formula, add data to a cell etc. Now i should
be able to track all these changes made to car3.xls programatically
using VB.

I am able to open car3.xls and access the file and get the list of
formulas in the workbook using VB. But i am not able to track the
changes made to the file programatically using VB. It would like to
avoid using VB macros for this purpose.
Can anyone please suggest me how to start and any usefull links. which
is the best way to accomplish this.

With Regards,
Daffo

--