Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fifi fifi is offline

Default merge 2 cells and change format

but can this be done through a macro? so that you can just click button
n it does it automatically?

Max wrote:

After entering the formula in C1, just copy the formula down the col as far
as required by dragging the fill handle* of C1. *the solid square at the
bottom right corner of C1
--
Max
Singapore
"fifi" wrote in message
ups.com...
thanks Gloria I was going bout it the whole wrong way!
do you know if you want this to be done for all your rows do you have
to set up a macro for it to loop through the rows?i have over 100 rows
of this to be done. im really new to all this :(

Gloria Thrurk wrote:

Hi Fiona,
It's not really the format you want changing, it's the value.
When you have a "1" and a "4", the "4" you really want it to mean 0.04.
I think all you really wanna doo is divide the "4" by 100 and add it to
the
"1".

So, if you had
1 in cell A1 and
4 in cell B1
you could type in cell C1
= A1 + (B1/100).

That should do it.

Gloria.

"fifi" a écrit dans le message de news:
i have 2 cells of numbers that i want to merge together, for example
A B
1 4
2 11
3 7 etc