Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David David is offline

Default Don't want 0.00

Oops! Using INT had unwanted result of eliminating any quarter hours
from result. Switched to Round(),2) instead.

--
David

Pete_UK wrote

It may be due to rounding errors - Excel works in binary, so maybe
fractions of an hour can't be expressed with complete accuracy, and
these very small differences will add up over a number of
calculations.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted in the end.

Pete

David wrote:
See my reply to Barrett9699 adding INT to beginning of my
formula. Still doesn't explain why it isn't an integer already,
though.

--
David

Pete_UK wrote

If it isn't exactly 0, then the effect won't happen - you might
have 0.00001 but if the cell is formatted as 0.00 you won't see
this. Change the condition to "Is Less than" 0.01 and see if that
works.

Pete

David wrote:
Well, that fixed the half that displays 80.00 if the sheet hasn't
had any hours entered yet, but still get 0.00 if 80 or more hours
are worked :(

I set two conditions: Cell Value Is equal to 80 and Cell Value Is
equal to 0 and set Font color (tried Pattern, too) to White.

--
David

Pete_UK wrote

You could apply conditional formatting - if the cell contents
are zero then use white for the foreground colour so that it
doesn't show if you have a white background.

Hope this helps.

Pete

David wrote:
I have a timesheet workbook.
Column N contains hours worked
Columns S-V is where I enter other types of paid leave used

I use this formula in H22 to calculate how much vacation time I
used in a pay period and it works fine with one exception:

=MAX(0,80-(SUM(N8:N12,N15:N19))-SUM(S8:V12,S15:V19))

The exception occurs if I work any total of 80 hours

Problem: with this scenario 0.00 is displayed in H22 rather
than remaining blank (I have 'Window options' 'Zero values'
unchecked).

How can I keep that from happening?

--
David