Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how can a two digit # be set up with 2 0's at the beginning 0025

Linda/tim

I'm still trying to figure out how to format to get 0000 if no number in the
cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:59:02 -0700, tim m
wrote:

Format....cells....custom, choose any type and in the box just below type:
enter 0000

"Linda" wrote:

How can I set up my spreadsheet with one column that will have a four place
number (0000) or if a number is 25 will put two zeros in front of that
number.

Example: 0025
or 0000
or 0045
The column would change the numbers to 0000 if a number is not there or if a
two digit number is there it would change the cell to two zeros in front of
the two digit number 0045.