Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default wildcard for numbers only

If your data is *exactly* in the same configuration as you posted, you could
try this:

??DOR???
--
HTH,

RD

"Elbrian" wrote in message
I'm trying to do a FIND-REPLACE on a list of alpha-numeric figures. I
want
to eliminate just the numbers. For instance, I want to REPLACE "45DOR143"
with "DOR". Trouble is when I do a FIND for "*DOR*" I also FIND
"DORMANT"
and other cells which I don't want to replace and have to manually change
those words so they don't trigger the search. (I make the search case
sensitive and make a letter in the cell I don't want lower case).

Anyway, is there a wildcard which will look only for numbers?