Nicole L.

Did anyone get back with you on this?
I need help, actually doing something similar but different, of course.

I need to know how to copy numerous columns so I can paste them at the end,
but I want the formula in each cell for each subsequent column (in one row)
to just go up by 1.

For example if a cell's formula is C1+1, then the next cell is C1+2, then
the next cell is C1+3... How do I get that to continue when I paste in the
columns containing the C1+1, the C1+2, and the C1+3 cells in a row?... +4,
+5, and so on?

It's gotta be so simple that I just can't figure it out.

"Greg" wrote:

Here is a layout of what I am dealing with:
A B C D E
1 a b c d e
2 2 4 6 8 10
3 2 4 6 8 10
4 4 8 12 16 20
5 1 1 6 8 10
6 1 1 6 8 10

Row 1 is a fix row and row 4 is the total for the column. Row 5 & 6 is data
from external source (ACCESS). Column a & b are values and c,d,&e are values
taken from c5, d5, etc. I need a way to move columns forward w/o loosing the
formulas. For example, delete a2 & a3 and copy and paste b2 &3, c2 & 3, d2
&3, and e2 &3 one space to the left but keep all the formulas in tack.
Any advice would be appreaciated. Thanks, Greg