JE McGimpsey

The Autofilter criteria boxes only accept one criterion each, there's no
symbol for expanding that.

Check out Advanced Filter in XL Help, and see Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

In article ,
novice wrote:

I have a range of random postcodes and want to filter some out. Using
Autofilter, I want to enter more than one postcode into 'contains': what
symbol do I use for 'and'? All I seem to be able to do is enter one postcode
in the first box and one in the other. 'Greater than' or 'less than' won't
work because I have 2-4, 6-7, 9-11 etc. You may gather that I'm not an
expert...would be grateful for any help!