Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default How do you insert a Print Button on a spreadsheet?

Thanks! And now we know why the OP wanted a print button on the worksheet.

JLatham wrote:
Like yourself, I'm just kind of trying to make a best guess as to what the OP
actually desires. Eye of the beholder kind of thing, I suppose. By
mentioning VB at all, it triggered a "wants to know how to do it with VB"
response in my head, along with the comment that he/she made the comment
about putting on the sheet itself. But I could certainly be wrong - would
not be a first for me here in these forums (or any of several others), all
any of us can do is make a best effort.

Although I completely agree that if they are new to Excel they may have not
even seen the [Print] button on the toolbar yet.

Unless the OP replies here and clues us in, then we may never know. In
either case, with your input and mine, they have an alternative ... which is
a good thing.

BTW: Great website, I've visited it more than once.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Since the OP said he'd "never used VB and don't know where to start",
the easiest route would be to use the existing button. But maybe I'm
missing something!

JLatham wrote:

Perhaps I read too much into the question? With the mention of VB I kind of
presumed that groaner was looking to put a button on the sheet, in kind of a
menu fashion, as opposed to using the built in one-click button on the
toolbar?

But glad you jumped in and looked it from that angle. Obviously a much
simpler solution.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If you're finding it difficult to follow any of the instructions that
you've found, you could just use the Print button on the Excel toolbar.

wrote:

I've looked all over the web. I've searched this group. Every answer I
find assumes that I already know how to do it. I've never used VB and
don't know where to start.

I just want to place a button on the screen that, when clicked, prints
the print area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures