Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kimbo Kimbo is offline

Default Personal.xls

Hi Max,

Thanks, but I tried and it doesn't work any differently than before. I'll
have to revert to some more reading.

"Max" wrote:

"Kimbo" wrote:
I am using office 2003 professional.
I have created and saved my "Personal.xls" in the following directory
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

My problem is that each time I open excel, the personal.xls workbook is open
as a workbook to use. This is when the file is not "Hidden". When I hide
the file excel doesn't open the personal.xls workbook so I can use the macros.

Just some thoughts ..

I'm also using Excel 2003. My PERSONAL.XLS is stored in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART
and it seems to work fine ..

The above might also work for you ..
--
Max