Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Mack Mack is offline

Default Mysterious change to #REF

I have a five-tab spreadsheet/workbook on which all data entry takes place on tab 1, other tabs contain look-up tables, instructions, etc and the final tab is the data storage area.

Each tab/sheet is protected with only the data entry cells unlocked.

Only the first tab/sheet has unlocked data entry cells.

The data storage area sheet has hidden rows and the entire sheet is locked and protected.

This sheet is sent out to several VPs for data entry. When one of them came back, one of the cells in the data storage area had mysteriously lost it's cell reference to the data entry page and sported a #REF.

I rechecked the original workbook that was sent out and it does not have this problem.

From where did this come?

Mack Neff