Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Count rows and insert number to count them.

It *should* be noted that the Count() function *only* counts numbers.

Since the OP only mentioned "data", it might be appropriate to cite that
fact, and to also suggest the CountA() function, which counts *all* types of
data ... literally counting *non-empty* cells.

=COUNTA(A:A)

RD

"T Kirtley" wrote in message
The COUNT() function should do that, so if you want cell B1 to show a
count
of the rows with data in column A use a formula like: =COUNT(A:A) in cell
B1.

HTH,

TK

"Mex" wrote:

How do I get excel to automatically count the number of rows with data in
them and insert the row number in a colum. I don't want to count any
blank
rows.