Don Guillett

glad its good now.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jack Sheet" wrote in message
Thanks
Trimming the file worked, but was not easy.
I found that one worksheet accounted for over 1Mb of space but there were
not many formulae. I had coloured the background cell of several entire
rows. I uncoloured the rows and tried to delete some columns but Excel

kept
hanging (even in XL2002) when I tried to delete columns. Eventually

solved
it by deleting that worksheet and reconstructing it afresh, and that got
around the problem with loading on the earlier version of Excel.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I don't know about citrix but you should trim your file if possible and

it
should be saved as microsoft excel workbook.xls as you would a file only
for
2002. and NOT as 97-2002 &5.0/95.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jack Sheet" wrote in message
Hi all

I have an Excel workbook that I created using Office XP 2002.

I cannot open it using Excel 1997 SP2 running under a Citrix session.
It starts to load ... progress bar gets about 80% complete then hangs
I disable macros before loading, but it still hangs
There are no Excel4 macros (there was one to start with but I deleted

it
when encountering this problem but it did not solve it)
Total file size is between 1 and 2 Mb

I can still run the workbook using XL XP 2002.

Any ideas?

Thanks all

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears