Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help with a Formula Please

How about:

=HYPERLINK("#'sheet 2'!A"&MATCH(A1,'Sheet 2'!A:A,0),"Click me")

Note the apostrophes surrounding the worksheet's name. I'm not sure you'll need
them, but they won't hurt.

mbqc wrote:

Is there a faster way to hyperlink in excel 2003 other that
Help/Microsoft Excel Help/Create a link between cells in the same
worksheet or workbook

I have (1) workbook with 2 sheets.

If I use column A in sheet 1 to list the following going down the list
like this:
(A1) Apple
(A2) Boy
(A3) Charlie
(A4) Dan
(A5) Ed
(A6) Frank
(A7) Ginger

And in Sheet 2, I have the same names again, but use colums B,C,D,E,and
F for other information (address, phone, fax, email and notes)

Is there a way that I can hyperlink Charlie from Sheet 1 (A3) to
Charlie in sheet 2 (Who may now be (A41) ,*_without_going__*to Sheet 2
to see what cell each contact name (or Charlie) is in ?

Sheet 2 is really a Master Contact list with 3,000 names that will grow
only for 1 year.

Sheet 1 may only have 30 names total that need linked. There will be a
total of about 10-15 sheets with different names, but the idea is to
link the name from any sheet to the master list of Sheet 2

Tracy

--
mbqc
mbqc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34207