Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rgoyan rgoyan is offline

Default How do I calculate the inflection point?

I found a way to do it long hand (so to speak). I was hoping that excel had
a function that would just take the data plot a derivative curve for me from
which I could pick out the maximum. Do you know of any way to do this that
doesn't involve curve fitting? This is for a pH titration curve.

Thanks for your help.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

The curve in Excel is just a sequence of data points. Fit a curve to the
data (mathematically expression). Take the 2nd derivatiove of the curve and
look for points where the 2nd derivative goes thru zero while switching signs.
--
Gary''s Student

"rgoyan" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the first derivative of a curve in excel to
determine the inflection point. I know how to do this in Sigmaplot, but my
students only have access to excel.

Please reply to