Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I calculate the inflection point?

The curve in Excel is just a sequence of data points. Fit a curve to the
data (mathematically expression). Take the 2nd derivatiove of the curve and
look for points where the 2nd derivative goes thru zero while switching signs.
--
Gary''s Student

"rgoyan" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the first derivative of a curve in excel to
determine the inflection point. I know how to do this in Sigmaplot, but my
students only have access to excel.

Please reply to