Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Die_Another_Day Die_Another_Day is offline

Default Average if is not greater than today

Nest another if statement to fix the zero's
= Average(If(A2:A37<Today(),If(F2:F27<0,F2:F27,""), ""))

HTH

Charles Chickering
jermsalerms wrote:
the first part worked great...except I was wondering if you know a
variation of this that WOULD NOT count a cell that has a "0" in it if
the date IS less than today. There are some months were there are no
tansactions and I would like to exclude this from the average for a
particular column.

Also the question about the chart did not work since the cells that
respresent future transaction have zeros in them.

--
jermsalerms
jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30167