Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default add blank space in cell if first name is not blank

See your other post.

stef wrote:

XL 2002 SP3
Win XP HE

Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a list of names organized in table form.

I need to add a column with the field "blank" so that I can add a blank
space (which will serve as a separator between 1st and last name in a
different program) IF first name is not blank i.e. contains text.
the field in cells of column "blank" will either contain 1 blank space
or nothing.

(Obviously, for some records, only last name is available.)

How do I accomplish the above?

say "1st name" column is column A and "blank" field column is column F.
so =IF(A1<"",F1=" ") does not work as circular.

(concatenate A1&" " is not an option in this case.)

suggestions?

Tx.

--

Dave Peterson