Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] aass11@yahoo.com is offline

Default Counting total for multiple criteria

Hi all,

I have a simple table with two columns:
-What was agreed (2 digit code eg. FV, PC, PE...)
-Was it acheived (Y/N)

This is a daily log over a 5 day week, therefore there are 5 rows in
the table (Monday to Friday).

I need to create a summary table for each two digit code (FV, PC....)
where the fomula counts only if the task was acheived.

I have managed to use COUNTIF to create a table listing the codes and
how many instances they occur, but how do I now only count the
instances if the next cell states "Y" for acheived?

Thanks.