Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Change hh:mm to hh.mm

Thanks pete, this is the best method proposed thus far. I am going to
implement this my spreadsheet. Thanks again.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

One way of doing this is to enter the decimal number in one column,
then have another column convert your number to a time. Assuming you
want to enter HH.MM in column C, beginning with cell C2, put this
formula in D2:

=VALUE(INT(C2)&":"&MOD(C2,1)*100&":0))

Format the cell as hh:mm and copy the formula down column D. Now you
can enter your times as hours-point-minutes in column C and these will
appear in Excel time format in column D.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"JR Hester" wrote in message

Is there a simple way change teh hour: minute separator in time formatted
cells(columns) to accept the decimal instead of the:? Data entry would be so
much simpler and quicker using the decimal point.
Suggestions appreciated

Thanks