Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mari Mari is offline

Default Excel Template

Thank you for your reply.
Actually, I already tried that, but I could not find a "normal.xlt"
template, like there is for the word main template. I know that I can make
"a" template, but I want to change "the" template. Do you know where the
main blank workbook template is stored?

m-

"Rookie 1st class" wrote:

Yes create a spreadsheet with the format you want and [Save As] [Save as
type:] [Template (*.xlt)].
Lou

"Mari" wrote:

Hi,

is there any way to change the excel "new" (blank) template, like you can
with Word? The reason I ask is that I would like each new excel workbook to
automatically be formatted with all the cells in "date" format, instead of
"general". Is this possible?

m-