Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Insert rows in linked table that are added to secondary table

Actually, a non-volatile function might be better:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROWS($1:1))

And copy down.

RD

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Say your data was on Sheet1, from A1 to A9.

Enter this formula in the other sheet, and copy down *more* rows (say to
A15) then you presently have data in, to prepare beforehand for the
addition of extra rows.

=INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!A"&ROWS($1:1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Ida LaValley" wrote in message
I am trying to work with linked tables so that I only have to type data
once
and then other sheets automatically update. If I change existing data,
both
tables update. The problem comes in when I try to add data. For
example, I
need to add row 6 to a table with 9 items existing. When I add row 6 to
the
source table, the secondary table updates the already existing field as
far
as where they are, but will not add in row 6. HELP!!!!!