Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
modicon2 modicon2 is offline

Default Help...Using dropdown list

Greetings,
I need to select an item from a dropdown list but display a different
name/number.
For example:
My dropdown list contains the following items:
Project in town
Project out of town
Project on the road
Projeect anywhere

I want to select the dropdown list and see the items listed above but
when I select an item, I want just a number to showup in the cell.

exm1: If I selected "Project in town" from dropdown, then a "1" would
be displayed in the cell.

exm2: If I selected "Project out of town" from dropdown, then a "2"
would be displayed in the cell.

I can make a list and set the dropdown to display that list by using
Data..Validation..allow:list...then select data range.

Thanks!

--
modicon2
modicon2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4158