Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster pinmaster is offline

Default Help with code:

Hi guys, Don your code worked after all, my mistake was to delete a carriage
return where there wasn't suppose to be one, after correcting that it worked
fine. So thanks for the help.

Dave, I'm still a bit confused about the worksheet vs. the general module
stuff but I'll try to figure that out later, thanks for the info.

Regards
Jean-Guy

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Just to add to Don's response...

If your code was in a worksheet module, then Range("b4:B54") is unqualified--and
unqualified ranges in a worksheet module will refer to the sheet that owns the
code.

And since you can't select a range on a sheet that isn't active, your code blows
up.

This is different than how things work in a General module. The unqualified
ranges will refer to the activesheet.

pinmaster wrote:

Hi, does anyone know why this would cause an error?

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("1st div").Select
Range("B5:B54").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B5"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

error - Select method of range class failed

TIA
Jean-Guy

--

Dave Peterson