Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default VLOOKUP and logical functions

What are you trying to do ... explain your logic.

You have "lookup_value" and cells A3 and K ... is the latter a typo? Are
trying to lookup using A3 OR K..?

You probably need an IF statement to determine which one to use.

"Margherita" wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to do a VLOOKUP from two different sheets on a another workbook.
Can a person combine say for instance a logical function like OR together
with VLOOKUP?

E.g.
=OR(VLOOKUP(lookup_value,'[Register.xls]A3'!table_array,col_index_num,FALSE,VLOOKUP(lookup _value,'[Register.xls]K'!table_array,col_index_num,FALSE))

I've tried this, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure what other
functions one could try to achieve this.