Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Match& Index and Sumif

not too clear on your needs but try this idea
=sumproduct((month(daterange)=2)*datarange)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I have a spreadsheet with a worksheet that has all the budget plans and
another worksheet with summary YTD. What I would like to do is on my
summary sheet pull through the cumulative plan to date based on the
month entered in cell G5.
So far I've managed to identify which columns need to be summed based
on what is entered in G5, by using an IF statement. I then have a sumif
(in column D)which would sum all the values for the valid month in G5.
The problem I am having is now combing this with a lookup of some sort.

I think I need to use a match & index and sumif... but not sure how to
contruct this.
There may be a simpler way. Any help is appreciated.
Below is what I hope to achieve

User enters month number into G5
Column D is then updated...based on indicator in Column C, it shows the
cumulative YTD budget.