Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default 2 Questions

Rich

The code is change event code which runs on a cell by cell basis as text is
entered in column 12(L).

Not a macro to be run once.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:11:01 -0700, Rich wrote:

question 1 = put the code in a open_workbook event so the code auto runs the
macro when the book is opened

question 2 = you could protect the cells you which data to be entered but
allow data entry only ,

"John Calder" wrote:

Hi

I run Win 2K with Excel 2K

Question 1

I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file.

The code is as follows:

If Target.Column < 12 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I
am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when
opening the file)

Can someone tell me how I might be able to do this?

Question 2

The worksheet I have is protected and contains a number of cells that allow
data entry. The problem I have is that a number of people use this
spreadsheet and some of these users change the formatting in the cells that
allow data entry.

Is there any code that I can add that would still allow the data entry but
not allow changes to the formatting?

Any help is much appreciated.

John