Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default 2 Questions

John

This is event code.

The code does run automatically whenever you enter text in any cell in column 12
which is column L.

No need to remove anything from the code.

On August 9th you posted that you had everything worked out.

What transpired since then?

Are you having a problem?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 17:14:02 -0700, John Calder
wrote:

Hi

I run Win 2K with Excel 2K

Question 1

I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file.

The code is as follows:

If Target.Column < 12 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I
am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when
opening the file)

Can someone tell me how I might be able to do this?

Question 2

The worksheet I have is protected and contains a number of cells that allow
data entry. The problem I have is that a number of people use this
spreadsheet and some of these users change the formatting in the cells that
allow data entry.

Is there any code that I can add that would still allow the data entry but
not allow changes to the formatting?

Any help is much appreciated.

John