Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Display result in same cell as formula

The harsh reality is that this is a somewhat difficult trick to accomplish.
It would have to be done using a macro, it could be done by attaching code to
the _Change event of the worksheet, determining if a change had been made in
the particular cell or cells you are interested in and then running the code
when appropriate. Probably best to do it the old fashioned way, using 2
cells?

"J Strang" wrote:

What I would like to do is type in a numeric value in one currency and have
it automatically convert to another currency in the same cell I enter it.

I know this is simple when you enter the original value in one cell and then
convert it with a formula in another cell, but I wish to have converted value
displayed in the same cell the original value is entered.

Any suggestions are appreciated.