windsurferLA

Bob Phillips wrote:
Sounds as though the Office library reference has gone. In the VB IDE, goto
ToolsReferences. Is there a ticked entry for Microsoft Office n.n Object
Library, where n.n is a version number?

If not, scroll down un til you find it (it is probably near the top, else in
alphabetical order) and check it.

WindsurferLA .. I'm going to replicate this post as a new thread, as the
current one is getting a bit long.

You're right... but we still don't have solution.

Office Library Reference is gone, but the problem seems yet more
complex. When I go to the VB macro editor after opening the main
workbook (that has been converted automatically from XL95 to XL97), the
option to look at the Office Library Reference is grayed out. Thus I
can't scroll through the list of Office Library References.

I have also investigated the Office Library Reference in an test
workbook (1) created from scatch using XL97, (2) incorporating the menu
creator macros, and (3) in which the menu creator works just fine. When
that workbook is open, the Office Library References are accessible, and
the is an MSOffice 8.0 Object Library with a check mark as well as a
MSOffic95 Object Library listed without a check mark. Checking the
MSOffice95 Object Library did not seem to help.

Another issue that might be related has to do with the list of saved
programs. The main workbook uses the AutoSave macro to rename
previously saved versions and save the most recent version as the prime
version. I note that when I go back to open Excel, the main workbook is
not listed in the list of recently saved files.

Rather than trying to solve all these issues, how about if I just start
with a virgin XL97 workbook, copy in the data and copy in the content of
all the macro sheets. However, I must admit that I'm uncertain about my
ability to copy in all the macro sheets without loosing some links.