Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
step_andy step_andy is offline

Default How do I use a pivot table to present data, not sum or count it.

"Rick" wrote:

Here is my problem, I have one database with three fields, Name, Exam, Date
Taken. I want a pivot or other report which shows the names in rows and the
exam type in columns. The data section of the report needs to just present
the date the exam was taken. The pivot table is perfect except it wants to
operate on the data (sum, count, average, etc.) Is there a way to just have
it present the data. Or, is there another function that would do that?

Rick

Rick,
You need to choose "Product" option. Go into Field settings and select
product.
Cheers
Andy