Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Searching for cell values

I'd read the notes that Debra Dalgleish shares:

Example 2 might be on point.

alistre wrote:

Hey,
I have a worksheet with financial data. In the leftmost column (column
1) there are row titles. There also are column titles in row 4. I
need to automatically copy and paste values that intersect specific
column and row titles into another workbook. I tried to use formulas
(ex. VLOOKUP, INDEX, etc.) but had no luck. My latest effort included
searching for a formula that yields the row and/or column numbers (i.e.
1,2,3...) that a particular cell value falls into. Can you help me?

--

Dave Peterson