Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JIM JIM is offline

Default Export from Access/SQL Server

I am having a problem exporting a linked SQL server file from Access 2003 to
Excel. The file is about 2,000 records with several columns. The problem
is that when the file is imported into excel some of the records are not
coming across with the correct data and when numeric fields are summed the
totals are wrong.

When I export directly to Excel from the SQL server using DTS, I don't have
this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have ideas of how to
fix it? I need to be able to allow the users to create queries in access
and export the data they need, so setting up a DTS as a solution is not
really workable.