Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default random date when i didn't ask for it! driving me CRAZY!

You should write your thesis on how software designers, in their attempts to
be "helpful", really drive people crazy and are no help at all. Site Excel
as an example! We don't need no stinkin help! <g

Biff

"pink" wrote in message
hello people, i am in the midst of thesis writing and am having a stupidly
stupid problem, that probably is simple to fix, but i have no idea how!
never
really used excel, not a fan to be honest, numbers are not my thing! but
all
i want to do is type 3-4 in one cell, 5-6 in the next, then 7-8 and so
on....yet EVERY time i do it, it automatically changes to a date??! i have
tried looking in autocorrect, nothing seems to indicate anywhere where i
cant
stop this ridiculously annoying thing. i'm going mad right now, its 4.11
am,
my deadline is looming in a few days, and all i want to do is type 4-5 in
cell!!!! help pleease!!!
thanks! :op