Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Strange behaviour - loading Excel clears Clipboard

What you see is normal, to my knowledge. Excel will clear the clipboard
with many actions that occur. As far as justification for it? I have no
idea. Otto
"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
Has anyone else experienced this strange behaviour with Excel clearing the
Clipboard ?

For example, if I copy a formula from a post in the NG to work with it and
then load Excel, the Clipboard is cleared. I have to go back to the post,
copy the data again and paste it into Excel.

I tried this with Word and that seems OK ... until I load Excel and the
data is gone.

The only thing that I can think of is that I downloaded and installed the
Office 2007 Beta. I didn't overwrite my existing copy of Office 2003. I
decided I didn't much like the new GUI in the Beta copy and I had a few
problems so I've uninstalled it.

Any thoughts on what I can do to make it better ... do I need to uninstall
and re-install Office 2003 ?

Thanks

Trevor