Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I permanently deactivate auto e-mail in Excel?

ToolsAutocorrectAutoformat as you type.

Uncheck the "internet and network paths with hyperlinks"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:07:01 -0700, SantoshDreams
wrote:

Excel 2002. I do not want a mailto: html tag automatically inserted before
e-mail addresses. I don't want to send e-mails from the e-mail address list
I have typed into Excel, but I cannot deactivate the function that
automatically sets e-mail addresses up as mailto: links. How do I
permanently deactivate this auto function in Excel 2002?