JulieD

Hi Geremia

what is the formula you're using in conditional formatting for
"Using CF, I made it so that whenever the date in one of the 68 cells in the
column is prior to 6 months ago, it becoms bold and
italicized."

as it's difficult to tie this in with your first example.

Cheers
JulieD

"Geremia Doan" wrote in message
Let me clarify what I want. I have a column of 68 cells. Each cell has a
date in it. I have another cell below it that always has the date it was
6
months ago in it. Using CF, I made it so that whenever the date in one of
the 68 cells in the column is prior to 6 months ago, it becoms bold and
italicized.
I also want to set up banding so that it's easier to follow the rows when
print out the spreadsheet.
I am having trouble accomplishing both of those things at the same time.
I guess I could put it this way: I want to shade all odd rows in a range.
In all odd and even rows of my particular column, I want a bold and
italicized font if the date in the cell is older than 6 months; and I want
keep the shading in each odd row.
Does that make better sense?
Thank you for your help and patience.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Geremia

not sure what you want Bold & Italicized - all the "banded" rows or row
#69.

--so all odd rows banded, bold & italicized when f69D72
1st condition
=AND(MOD(ROW()-1,2)+1<=1,$F$69$D$72)
-set formatting for banding colour & font bold & italicized

2nd condition
=MOD(ROW()-1,2)+1<=1

--only row 69 bold & italicized
1st condition
=AND(MOD(ROW()-1,2)+1<=1,$F$69$D$72,ROW()=69)
-set formatting for banding colour & font bold & italicized

2nd condition
- as above

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Geremia Doan" wrote:

I can set up banding using Conditional Formatting fust fine. The
problem
am having is that there are other conditions I need to have happen at
the
same time. For example, when cell F69 is greater than cell D72, I
need
it to
be BOLD and ITALICIZED. When I use the banding formula in Conditional
Formatting as the first Condition, it overrides the other conditions,
so
the
cell is shaded, but not BOLD and ITALICIZED. If I make it the last
Condition, the BOLD and ITALICIZED condition overrides the banding
Condition.
Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this problem? A
lengthy
formula, perhaps, to put into Conditional Formatting that will
perform
both
functions?