Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default How to add a blank row after each existing row?

Here's a VBA solution (Quicky)..
Presently assumes Your data (rows) are among others also in Column A
Paste this in a Standard module and run it
Back up your data before doing so to prevent Unforeseen "PROBLEMS"!!

Sub InsertBlkRows()
Dim lr As Long
Dim fr As Long
Dim i As Integer
fr = InputBox("My First Row is Excel Numbered Row - What?")
lr = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
For i = lr To (fr + 1) Step -1
Range("A" & i).EntireRow.Insert
Next i
End Sub

HTH,
Jim May

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
:

You can do that by sorting a helper column.
In a adjoining blank column, auto fill it with numbers from 1 to 200.
Directly below the new data, autofill another 200 rows with numbers from
1.1 to 200.1. (just enter 1.1 in the first cell and 2.1 in the next cell and fill down)
Sort by the new column, clear the new column.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Stephanie"
wrote in message
I have a set of data (200 rows /8 columns). I need to insert a blank row
after each row of data...