Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
blefevre blefevre is offline

Default sort ascending error

I am on a spreadsheet using 7 rows. I am inputting with the last name of
client in row B. I hit sort ascending in row B and it alphabetized the row.
Then shutdown. Woke up at 3 am to relieze this has only alphabetized this
row and now throws off the data. Example it should look like Smith, Harry
12/4 auto and after ascending it looks like ALba, Harry 12/4 auto. Do I have
to go in and manually change all the last names(row b)? PLEASE someone tell
me there is another way. I have a data base with 1,500 clients that I have
done this to. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!