Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mr_teacher mr_teacher is offline

Default how do i setup IF name = this then address = that

If you only have a few exampls where you want to look this up you could
use the OR command. In your example here it would be

=IF(or(I5="Frederick",I5="Karim"),Products!I3,Prod ucts!I6)

With this is I5 = Frederick or I5 = Karim then it will show the value
for Products!I3, if it does not equal either if these values then it
will display the value in Products!I6

You can also nest many OR commands within these brackets.

If what you are looking for is to be able to display different results
depending on the input in I5 then you would probably need to se a
VLOOKUP command which woul be along the lines of

=vlookup(I5,"Range","Column",FALSE)

If this is what you need then post again with a little bit more info
about the data you have and what you are trying to find.

Hope this helps

Regards

Carl
frederick Wrote:
exactly, pb i am real novice in excel, so f.e when i try with 1value it
works
well but as long as i try to put more values it just wont work
=IF(I5="Frederick";Products!I3;Products!I6) works
=IF(I5="Frederick","Karim";Products!I3;Products!I6 )

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352