Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Franz Verga Franz Verga is offline

Default Excel Columns Problem

Debby Bunce wrote:
Hello Fellow Excel users,

I have alittle problem which i hope somebody can point me in the right
direction

Picture my screen in excel

Col A is a list of Names with Multiple entries for the same person

Col B is a number ranging from 0 to 7

eg

A B

Joe Bloggs 1
Jim Smith 2
Joe Bloggs 4
Pete Smith 5
Jim Smith 4

What i want to create is another list where

Col A is a list of names Just 1 entry per name
Col B the sum of all entries for that persons name

eg

A B

Joe Bloggs 5
Jim Smith 6
Pete Smith 5

I hope ive explained it ok

Hi Steve,

first of all select your A column then from menu Data, Filter, Advanced
Filter, you can create a new list of unic entries in another location of
your sheet, then using the SUMIF function beside this new list of names you
can sum the values in your original list.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy