JulieD

Hi David

"" doesn't make a cell blank - it adds a zero length text string into the
cell.

generally the ISBLANK function is used to check if a cell is blank or not -
a cell with "" in it will return FALSE on this test.

Cheers
JulieD

"David" wrote in message
Greetings and thanks in advance for your time.
The following scenario captures the essence of the problem:
In an empty spreadsheet, if I enter "" into cell A10 and then copy and
paste
values, A10 appears to be blank. However, if I select cell A1 and press
[end]
then down arrow, cell A10 will be selected. This suggests that A10 is
somehow
different to it's neighbouring blank cells? Can anyone please throw any
light
on this?
--
David