Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege Beege is offline

Default Conditional formatting similar to shading alternating rows

You're welcome :)

"Conan Kelly" wrote in message
Beege,

Thanks for all of the help. That worked beautifully. I guess that BJ was
correct: you can't use functions from ads-ins in the conditional
formatting (<--can any one confirm that?).

Thanks again for all of your help,

Conan

"Beege" wrote in message
"Conan Kelly" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm trying to use the following formula in conditional formatting in
cell A2 when the range A2:AW64 is selected (this conditional formatting
will be copied to all cells in the selected range):

Formula is: =isodd($A2)

The error I keep getting is this:

"You may not use references to other worksheets or other workbooks for
Conditional Formatting criteria."

I'm trying to use this conditional formatting because column A is our
"Order" column. "Order" can be from 1 to 13 and this column is sorted
ascending. There can be multiple rows in each Order number. So I want
to shade all 1's, 3's, 5's, etc... so that each Order group has
alternating shading.

I also want to use conditional formatting, not VBA, to get this to work.
In the future, rows might be added to an Order number or two and I want
the shading to automatically adjust.

What is going on here? Does anyone know how to get this to work?

--
Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Conan,

Try Condition format / formula is / =MOD($A2,2)=0

Beege