Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default PROBLEM WITH AUTOFILTER

The drop-down on the filter only lists up to 1000 different values, so
if you have more than this you will not see them in the drop-down. You
can use Custom and then select greater than (for example) to see other
values. Check this site for other ways around this limitation:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Hope this helps.

Pete

OMIDF wrote:
I HAVE A WORKBOOK, AND I ACTIVATED THE AUTOFILTER DROPDOWN BOXES.
I NOTICED WHEN I OPEN THE DROPDOWN WINDOW OF THE AUTOFILTER OF A COLOM, I DO
NOT SEE ALL THE DATA THAT IS IN THAT COLOM. IT SEEMS LIKE IT GOES TO A
CERTAIN POINT AND THEN IT STOPS SHOWING ANYTHING AFTER IT.

EXAMPLE: I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF DATES IN THIS COLOM. THE DROPDOWN WINDOW
ONLY GOES TO THE YEAR OF 2003. THERE ARE MORE ENTRIES THAT HAVE DATES AFTER
THAT, BUT I CANT SEE IT IN THE AUTO FILTER

SORRY FOR THE CAP LOCK. NEW USER HERE