Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default why does excel keep defaulting to manual calculation?

I'm not sure that is what is causing the problem because the only workbooks I
have open are ones that I have created myself and I never knew the option to
switch off automatic calculation existed until this problem arose! Any
other suggestions?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Maybe you have a workbook already open that has calculation set to Manual.
Calculation is an Excel-wide setting, set by the first opened workbook until manually changed.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel