Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Unable to select cell

It kind of sounds like you have some sort of shape over those cells that you
can't select.

Edit|goto|special|check objects

And tab through all the shapes.

(Hit the delete key if you want to delete the selected shape.)

(Just a guess, though.)

dbjk wrote:

Hello,
I have a weird one. I have set up a multiple sheet workbook that uses
the first worksheet to retrieve values from the other sheets. When I
attempt to edit a link I am unable to click on any values within
certain areas of the other worksheets. The areas that will not allow me
to click show the arrow cursor and those areas where I can click show a
cross (wide plus sign). I am able to manually enter the cell references
and the link will work. There is no protection on the cells or
worksheet/workbook, the EXT is not showing in the lower right corner
(extension is off). The problem started when I cut and pasted portions
of the workbook in an effort to create small information grids. If
anyone can point me in the right direction so that I can remove
whatever is blocking those cells it would make my job of creating this
spreadsheet for my boss almost bearable.
Thanks

--
dbjk
dbjk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26078