Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Slashman Slashman is offline

Default Help combining formatting in macro functions

Hi,

Yes I commented it out till I find a fix for it.

I tried it but it doesent work. The importance of the two separate
formatting actions on the cell in question is because the first action
looks at a ref cell and makes the cell have one more DP. The next
action does the + or - prefixing.

Cheers,

Aaron.

Richard Buttrey wrote:

On 17 Aug 2006 16:43:19 -0700, "Slashman"
wrote:

Hi,

Frank helped me with the second part of my problem but I have now
realised that the two formatting lines in the macro below override one
another rather than work in sucession.

Range("aa12").NumberFormat = _
Range("d10").NumberFormat & 0

(Sets the number format in DP in cell aa12 to d10 plus one more DP).

'Range("AA12").Select
'Selection.NumberFormat = "+#0.##0;-#0.##0"

(Sets either a prefix of + for pos numbers or - for neg numbers).

When I run the macro it sets the DP correctly at one extra than the DP
in d10, but then goes to a general format losing the DP but with the
prefixes.

I need them to both work together.

If I understand the problem correctly, and this is untested, but try
changing that format line to

Selection.NumberFormat = "+#0.##0.0;-#0.##0.0"

I notice that there's a single inverted comma in your posting for this
line. Was this a typo because it suggests it's commented out.

HTH

Is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks for help in advance,

Aaron.